‘I’ is an unusual initial for names. Once you eliminate most of the spelling variants for Isabella, Isaac, and Isaiah, there aren’t many remaining names that start with this letter! That said, here are some rare ‘I’ names from 2016, according to Social Security Administration data.
- 150-262 girls named: India, Ireland, Indie, Ida, Imogen
- 100-149: Isadora, Isha, Isobel, Iva, Inaaya, Ivanka, Iman, Inara
- 50-99: Irina, Italia, Italy, Ilana, Isela, Ines, Irma, Iqra, Isra, Indira, Iona, Isis, Ishani
- 25-49: Imogene, Ishanvi, Ishika, Idalia, Ilona, Imari, Imelda, Island, Indica, Infinity
- 10-24: Ilse, Itzamara, Ixhel, Inari, Ione, Isamar, Irlanda, Isidora, Ikhlas, Inga, Inna, Isabeau, Isolde, Ibtisam, Io, Ivelisse, Ishita, Islay, Iselis, Irais, Iridessa, Isaura, Ita, Ismahan, Ismerai, Icelynn, Ilithyia, Ivalee, Idella, Ilsa, Iola, Irish
- 7-9: Innocence, Israella, Ifunanya, Inanna, Insiya, Ilma, Iolani, Irani, Itzuri, Iymona
- 6: Ileigh, Ilinca, Independence, Infiniti, Intisar, Isatou, Itati, Izetta, Izora
- 5: Ibtihaj, Ibukunoluwa, Idalis, Ifechukwu, Ijeoma, Inayat, Ineza, Ioni, Ipek, Isabelly, Iselys, Iseult, Ishwaq
- 100-194 boys named: Imran, Idris, Irving, Ishmael, Ishan, Irvin
- 25-99: Ilyas, Indiana, Isidro, Iverson, Ignatius, Ike, Iver, Iain, Ikaika, Indy
- 10-24: Iam, Itai, Isley, Icarus, Ikenna, Itamar, Igor, Irwin, Irfan, Ireoluwa, Islam, Ivar, Isadore, Ikechukwu, Iran, Inigo, Isidore, Ivo, Izen, Ibn, Ikaia, Inioluwa, Iremide, Iroh, Issachar
- 8-9: Inaki, Inman, Italo, Ichiro, Ifeoluwa, Indio, Isaiha
- 7: Ifeanyichukwu, Imanol, Infant, Ingram, Ion, Isco, Ishaaq, Iskander, Itzhak
- 6: Iason, Ignazio, Imere, Inoke, Ioan, Isahi, Ivor
- 5: Ifenna, Ijah, Ikram, Iniko, Isao, Isauro, Ishmeet, Isileli, Ithiel, Itsuki, Ives
Do you have a favorite ‘I’ name? Let me know!
2 thoughts on “Rare ‘I’ Baby Names in 2016”
Many of these are so beautiful! I like Isolde, Icelynn and Ilsa.
LikeLiked by 1 person